MDCC News

Latest news for Maidenhead & District Cycling Club

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Club ride

Friday night's plan was to see what the weather was like, make a fairly direct ride to the cafe at Dinton Pastures, and then ride home before the rain started.

A very cold night and the seductive warmth of the duvet nearly got the better of me. After a hasty marmalade sandwich it was time to listen to the frozen puddles crunching under my tyres. The group goes at 9.30 on the dot and I was far from the dot so set out on a lone ride out to Dinton Pastures. By White Waltham I was beginning to wonder why, as the chill had crept through my gloves and my fingers were afire - fortunately they either got used to it or the sun began to do its job. A bit of dead reckoning (who needs sat nav when you've got guess-o-matic "I remember we went through Hurst last time") later I arrived at the cafe to find I'd beaten the group by about 5 minutes. Still not sure how - they went via Binfield whereas I routed through Twyford.

A swift cuppa later, the six of us headed home by midday. Not many miles done (under 20 I'd guess), but this is the easy group.

Next week we'll end back at Knowl Hill village hall for the West London CA's prizegiving at midday (thus skipping the AGM). If the weather's good we'll likely ride further, maybe do a loop out north of Marlow; anyone fancy the H29/18 course through Christmas Common?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home