MDCC News

Latest news for Maidenhead & District Cycling Club

Monday, June 25, 2007

Midsummer Sunday

Sunday 24th is close to Midsummer and us crazy English are out in the midday sun, not that you could tell from the rain and cold wind (conditions for the Hilly 30 back in March were better!). The Club's 25 championship event was held slightly later than originally planned due to overlapping with Hounslow's 25. Little did we know that the new time would clash with (I think) Reading CTC's national bike week ride that was routed through Winkfield Plain, complete with marshals. Most of our riders knew the course and either the marshals recognised that lycra clad riders on disk wheel bikes were unlikely to be on a CTC ride, or we just ignored them. Unfortunately it was Ian's first time on the Fifield circuit & he was on a traditional frame with normal shorts and T so ended up in Windsor. Better luck next time. Results

I was up early so I could complete Hounslow's event before timekeeping ours, haven't got my time yet but by my stopwatch it was about 1:19. The last lap was tough, I'd guess about 31 minutes for the last 10 and I just couldn't keep my heart rate up - here's the plot (ignore the speed, the Polar software is doing something strange in the Km to mile conversion).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home