MDCC News

Latest news for Maidenhead & District Cycling Club

Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Pete Weir's National '25' Ride in His Own Words

With the forecast of strong winds and heavy rain, I was not looking forward to this race. In the end I was reasonably pleased with my ride under the tough windy conditions. The course used has the potential to be quite fast, if not for the conditions we had on Sunday. After a fast first couple of miles to the first turn, there was a long 10 or so mile exposed section into a headwind which I think took it's toll with a lot of riders. After this, the return leg was very fast and I ran out of gears quite quickly.
After this, there was a final stint into the headwind, but this time for only a few miles which was quite a relief. I was also quite fortunate with the weather too as I got almost all of my ride done on dry roads which was not the case for some of the later riders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home