MDCC News

Latest news for Maidenhead & District Cycling Club

Monday, July 20, 2009

Pete Weir's Record Breaking Ride in His Own Words

On Thursday I decided to take a trip to the HCC175 which is a local fast course used by Farnborough & Camberley CC. I wanted to my make use of my current good form and have a go at firstly getting a new 10 mile PB and secondly to see if I could achieve a sub 20 minute ride, which was one of my goals for the year. It had been quite windy throughout the day but fortunately for me, the weather was changing for the better and the wind had died down quite a bit before the race started. I didn't have a computer watch on during the ride so wasn't able to check my time along the way but I felt like I was on a good ride.

On the return leg I started to suffer quite a bit and it became apparent that I had probably started off a bit quickly. By about half way back from the turn, I was already hoping the finish line would appear and just tried to hang on. After the ride, I checked the times and was surprised and pleased to see my time of 19:50 which was one of two sub 20 minute rides, the other belonging to reigning BBAR champion Nik Bowdler who produced a staggering ride of 19:26.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home