MDCC News

Latest news for Maidenhead & District Cycling Club

Monday, August 17, 2009

MDCC's Mark Dewey Qualifies for the ITU World Championships



Mark Dewey has qualified to represent Great Britain in this year’s ITU Sprint Triathlon World Championships being held in the Australian Gold Coast later this year.
Mark has been racing in triathlons for 5 years was the 3rd qualifier from the Blithfield Triathlon on Sunday is ecstatic to have made the team he said “like most boys I dreamed of racing for my country at the Olympic Games but this is the next best thing. It feels amazing to be selected and to know that all the hard work has paid off. Sunday was really wet and windy but the race went well, I was out of the water a little further up the field than usual and I knew if I could put together a strong bike leg I would be in with a chance on the final run”
In Australia Mark will race over the sprint distance of a 750m open water swim, a 20k cycle and 5k run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home